Monday, December 28, 2009

Couples Baby Shower - bore everyone with opening gifts.?

Is it appropriate not to open gifts at the shower? I don't want people falling asleep or agitated. It can be a long process. Would guests be offended if I just sent thank you cards?Couples Baby Shower - bore everyone with opening gifts.?
Are you nuts?


You're supposed to open the gifts,'ooh' and 'ahh' and your guests go 'ohh, how cute' and cover you with the wrapping bows. I think it would be rude not to open gifts with your guests there.Couples Baby Shower - bore everyone with opening gifts.?
That is the purpose of a baby shower to open the gifts you receive.
I would open them at the shower. Just be fast so people don't get bored, but gracious... say, ';this is from NAME... oh, this is just BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much...'; etc. Then move on to the next gift. I think you can make everyone feel really appreciated, but you can still get through it quite quickly.
I know that when I had my bridal showers, I was always forced to open gifts (even though I really didn't want to because sometimes I knew it meant faking enthusiasm, etc.) but there were people there who really wanted to see me open the presents, be excited for me, and see my reaction to their own present. Just try to get through it quickly, have at least one person handing the gifts over to you and then taking them away after they've been unwrapped so the people who want you to do that are happy and the people who don't want you too don't have to deal with it for long and keep a smile on your face! (The exception to this I think would be if there were VERY many guests like 70 or so... but a smaller crowd like 20, I think what I originally said works).
Yes they would be offended and the guests would go home and talk about how rude you were. I love giving gifts. It makes me happy to see someone open up a well thought out gift and see their happiness. To not open them makes you look like the shower was only for presents and not a baby celebration. You might as well meet them at the door take the gift and say see ya later.
i agree compketely with the 1st answer
They should be opened at the shower and passed around so everyone can see them.
Baby SHOWER.





The point of it is to give gifts.
OPEN THEM!!!


We went to a birthday party this year and were really disappointed that the family decided to take the gifts home to open. It is a great pleasure as the gift giver to see the expression on the receivers face when they open their gifs.





So, I think it is rude not to open them. That is really the BEST part of a BABY shower!





Congrats on the little one and hope you have many sleep filled nights.


Jen
ur suppose 2 open it there it wont b a fun baby shower without that and games
I don't know that they would be offended but one of the best parts of buying gifts for someone is to see their reaction.


Just my opinion! :)
If you're wanting to avoid having to open gifts you could try a floating shower. That is a shower were people come in, drop their gift off, grab some refreshments and then leave. Usually there are still people that expect you to open gifts and will stick around until you do. They're excited for you and your baby and want to see what you recieved as gifts so I would think it would be rude not to open. And why would guests be offended if you sent thank you cards or did you mean not send thank you cards?
I think people would be upset if you didn't open their gift while they were there. Part of a shower is the gift opening...it is expected so don't worry about boring people.
Part of the reason for a baby shower is the opening of the gifts. Otherwise, people would just drop off package. Just don't dawdle too much over each gift. A baby shower shouldn't be so big that you have 40 presents to open.
OPEN THE GIFTS ! donkey hole......
kay, dont be a ';bee';--- just open the stupid presents. people expect to see their package opened. thats part of the reason we buy expensive ones!:P
Giving presents is often the whole point of having a baby shower. I've been looking into this as well because I've never been comfortable opening gifts in front of people (even as a child) and from what I've read, most people consider it rude to not open the gifts in front of them.
See in the gifts open is the best part of a shower. Don't deny your guests their fun.
i think people would miss out on seeing you open their gift. maybe have something going on during the gift opening? serve food during that time? break it up with games or whatever you're going to do?
well yes it is boring, but have the guest do a game at the same time as opening gifts like the little baby things in ice cubes, you get little baby ornament things, theyre pretty small maybe from a craft store and put them in ice cubes, then open your gifts l while theyre doing that, or just dont open them and when you send out gift cards put in the gift cards specifically what your gonna do with the gift and how much you apreciate it
If you decide to play ';Baby Shower Bingo'; while opening the gifts it will be less boring.





On the other hand, most ladies enjoy watching baby shower gifts being opened. Men will get bored no matter what you do!!





If you want to open the gifts during the shower you could make an announcement saying that your about to start the gift opening, if you don't want to watch theirs some coffee over there, or extra cake, or help your self to some more beer.......i don't know, but basically I'm saying to give them an out if they don't want to see the gifts.





Have fun and enjoy your shower!

1 comment:

  1. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!
    baby shower gifts

    ReplyDelete