Thursday, December 31, 2009

Do you know of any wealthy black couples, who's children later on don't succeed as much as their parents?

Succeed = go to college, get into drugs, etc...





I am asking only about BLACKS for a reason. If you can, please list.





Thank you.Do you know of any wealthy black couples, who's children later on don't succeed as much as their parents?
I know one black family. They're pretty successful but I'm not sure if they're wealthy. They have their own businesses. Their daughter is a lawyer but their son pretty much works a 9-5. Do you know of any wealthy black couples, who's children later on don't succeed as much as their parents?
In Southern California where I grew up, I didn't see a lot of black ';wealth,'; but I saw a lot of working middle-class black people. Many black parents came from the South. Many were military families, but some also came with degrees they had earned in the South. I noticed a lot of school teachers. I noticed that when these families moved into Caucasian neighborhoods, their children seemed to not do as well. I think it happens that way because the black children feel isolated sometimes when they live amongst mostly Caucasians. I felt that way at times. I think black children perform better when they have the camaraderie of other black children who are also setting goals and going on to college. That's probably why the black universities are all back in the South.
Hm, that's interesting, actually I do no know any situation like that. Very interesting tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment