Sunday, May 9, 2010

Are there any lesbian couples who have ever been in my predicament?

My girlfriend and I are about to have a baby in four months. So far I've done everything right. Got a great paying job at Blue Cross Blue Shield, in the process of getting a 3 bedroom house and getting ready for our little girl. We've been looking into getting our last names changed to the same thing so that when I have our second child they will both have the same last names, I will get domestic partners insurance at work, and the sperm donor is willing to sign over his parental rights. The hard part is me adopting her child as a second parent. We've been looking and can't find any website that says whether or not NC will even let me adopt her. Has any lesbian couples been through this or can help me out with finding out?Are there any lesbian couples who have ever been in my predicament?
Hey Girl...just wanted to congratulate you and your partner on taking the parenting step! Me and my partner of 4 years have just had our son 6 weeks ago. His last name is hers and mine, but hyphenated (we haven't had a ceremony yet!) We are wanting to do the same thing as far as me adopting him, since my partner birthed him. I do know an older lesbian couple who has a daughter who is now 14 years old. The other mother did in fact adopt their daughter. Hey, can you email me? I will speak with them and get more information and hard facts and then pass them on to you, okay? You take care and head up, it'll get worked out!Are there any lesbian couples who have ever been in my predicament?
I don't know of any but I just wanted to wish you Good luck with that. It's a big step and a beautiful thing!
I wish I had an answer for you, but I suggest you take a look at some adoption sites...adoption.com, for example, or browse around for some others. Also, look into some adoption agencies in your area...someone in that field in your state (or from the websites) could probably answer your question pretty quickly. Good luck, and congratulations!! :)
Talk to a lawyer...he will tell you whether or not it is legal to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment