Thursday, May 13, 2010

Married couples. Who has the final say in your household about food and cooking?

When you say ';final say'; it makes it sound like there is some kind of an argument. I don't know that we've ever argued about what to eat.





We discuss next week's menu every Saturday before we go shopping. My husband cooks during the week because he arrives home three hours before I do. Sometimes he makes something completely off the menu, but I don't mind. I cook on weekends.Married couples. Who has the final say in your household about food and cooking?
I guess I would have to say it's me who pretty much decides the meals for everyone and does the majority of the cooking and 99% of the grocery shopping. I wish it wasn't like that though...I think it's so much fun to cook together and brings a couple closer to share in rituals like eating/meals. I think it also sets a good example for children to see both parents providing creating meals for the family.Married couples. Who has the final say in your household about food and cooking?
Men do. Men have every right to criticize a womans cooking. Heck, if my GF cooks something I don't like I spit the mouthful onto the wall and toss the whole plate into the garbage. Then I usually grab her car keys (and some money) and go buy some tacos and beer.
I do all the cooking because it is something that I truly enjoy. What I don't like is having to think of things to cook!! That is his job. He tells me what he would like to have and I make it happen. It works out very well.
Pretty much it's my husband. He's the one who enjoys cooking and who is good at it... I'm happy just microwaving an EasyMac and calling it ';dinner';, so whatever he wants to do is fine.
Well, its not really like that, but my husband, who has had a lot of professional training, is a much more talented cook than I am.
My wife is a chef by trade, so whatever she wants to cook is sooo cool with me ;-) I do the cleanup by the way.
We both do.
neither, we know how to compromise
it is pretty equal in ours. we both want healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment