Sunday, May 9, 2010

Has anyone tried couples therapy and if so was it successful?

I live in the S.F Bay area and I am interested in finding a good therapist for my boyfriend and I? Do you know of a good affordable one?Has anyone tried couples therapy and if so was it successful?
My parents tried one. The guy made them fight more, The only thing they were agreeing on was that he was a problem and to get rid of him. LOL I hope that helps.Has anyone tried couples therapy and if so was it successful?
for bay area info try this web site- www.therapynetwork.net and go to the directory. east bay.....
When I started counselling sessions with my husband, I could not get over losing my mom and my boyfriend a week a part. My Mom to cancer and then my boyfriend to another lady, he came back to get married and to me I made a big mistake of marrying him. I couldn't rise above this big obstacle and then my husband started saying ';Anyways I slept with another woman on you.';





I ended up walking out on our sessions because the therapist I felt sided with my husband with even realizing that is when I needed a close friend when my boyfriend left, she told me he had every right to leave. I walked out due to unprofessional conduct on this one session, the Therapist wrote me a letter asking me to come back in which I did not reply to.





To me it was like ';Foot Prints';, that is when I needed you the most when you left me. After my separation and the start of my divorce proceedings, I ended up taking a recovery program called ';Healing the Wounded Heart Program';, I found out that I was not co-dependant at all, I could not handle the betrayal. I did not answer my telephone all summer.





Eventually, I saw my ex-husband for who he was, a sneak, a liar, I was living in denial about our relationship and had to see the light to face reality. This is was after seeing a couple other therapists as in individual counselling.





I learned a few things about myself, I married on a re-bound - it was someone else I loved. My husband was always in a depression, he came from a family of mental illness and to me being a ward of the child protection services/adoption really messed him up. Also you have to focus in on yourself.





I always said I woud find my loyal and devoted husband, I found my soul mate. This man is all mine and he does not play mind games at all. No affairs.





I think today, why does a person you love have to send you to counselling. With individual counselling, it has made me see through my own eyes. I had to evaluate things in my life, I closed the door to any future conversations/contact with my ex-husband. I am not wasting my time on little boys who choose to be little in some ways.





I would advise you to work on your issues/yourself, some men end up getting the attitude that you are going to take them back after an affair again and again. They don't stop and think the negative impacts they make in your life.





It made me see that being the kind person I am there is lesson to be learned, no more bringing home wounded puppies or damaged goods. To even say look what I found out there ended up being one sick puppy.





I ran into my ex a year ago, I pretended I did not know him at all, he was with another girl not his regular girlfriend (it was quite obvious he was running around again).





Go see a therapist yourself, I believe you will see the light and set your limits on who is right for you as a mate as you have to make healthy choices.





My ex-husband figured I was going to take him back on my last final straw when he was being once again a sneak. Sure forgiveness is good, to me I have turned my back and walked away gracefully.





For all I been through, I would advise you to pick a mate who would never hurt your feellings in anyway and wants you to be truly happy. I love my husband John. I am sharing this with you because of my own personal healing and growth, my well being is still being worked on, my late uncle always said that healing was a lifetime journey.
no
I think it all depends on the therapist. I have done it and the therapist we had didn't seem real qualified to do what she was educated to do. If you go to church, your minister is the best way to go. I'm sure there are great therapists out there also but I wouldn't try to stick it out with one if your not happy with him/her from the start.
I went to a therapist that told me that my marriage was bad, that there wasn't anything in it that was really worth salvaging and that it was okay to get a divorce.





Best darn thing I ever did.
Yeah! The women here highly recommend some kind of BS counseling to remedy whatever situation it may be.





Mostly it has to do withe the woman cheating and the man needing the couseling so the both can ';move on';...what a croc!
I tried couples therapy and it was great. Lead to my divorce, but it really opened my eyes to everything that was going on, so that was a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment