Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Do you think if their was more sense of humor in a marriage their would be less angry and miserable couples?

around? thank youDo you think if their was more sense of humor in a marriage their would be less angry and miserable couples?
Without a sense of humor I don't know how you can wake up in morning and look at your partner without thoughts of homicide.Do you think if their was more sense of humor in a marriage their would be less angry and miserable couples?
My husband and I have been together for almost 4 yrs and married for almost 1 yr. We have a 2 yr old son together and he has an 11 yr old daughter that we have joint custody of. My husband can be soooo goofy and that is one of the things I love most about him. When ever I am stressed or in a bad mood he can always make me laugh. Even when I am angry with him he knows when its ok to make a joke and end the fight. We laugh more than we fight (of course we do fight, all couples fight) My parents do not have a good sense of humor in their marriage and even though they have been married for over 30 years they are not nearly as happy as they could be if they would just let loose and be goofy. Plus our sense of humor has a great effect on our kids. They see that even though we fight we know how to let it go and still have a good time. Laughter is the second most important aspect of a relationship, coming right after trust.
I like your question!!





And, I think, yes, a good sense of humor can vastly improve a marriage. I know that when I keep a good sense of humor in place and realize my husband is just being silly or trying to make me laugh, I'm less uptight and less likely to get angry over nothing. But when I'm having a bad day and I seem to forget to have a sense of humor, that's when we get into stupid and meaningless fights I regret later.





Of course, a line has to be drawn about what is appropriate and inappropriate, of course!
A sense of humor is very important in dealing with most every aspect of life. Marriage is a serious commitment and should be taken seriously. Communication and honesty and trust are keys. There is a time an place for humor. Some people hide behind humor to try to deal and it isn't always applicable. Not taking yourself too seriously is also key. Just my thoughts.
Yes blueberry. Laughter curses many, many things in any ones life! Surround yourself with people who are not afriad to laugh at themselves and show love all the time. Your marriage is based on love, friendship, ups and downs but as long as love is leading the way, your frown goes up to a smile in no time unless you are not with the person who need to be with. Love yourself and love will follow. Keeping in mind that no one is perfect and no relationship is perfect as well. FInd the good in a person and make that grow.
Yep - if we could look at the lighter side of many situations and moments we would be SO much better off and happier! It's hard for some people to do that though - my husband is one of those who is just very serious by nature! Whereas I laugh easily and often... it's a great stress reliever and WOULD aleviate angry, tense, miserable moments in life!
Yes, that's why my hubby and I laugh at stupid things so much! If you learn to laugh at the small misunderstandings and shortcomings and accidental farts and stinky breath and little things that can build up, you learn that life isn't perfect and that marriage is more fun than not!





Humor is the best remedy for uncomfortable situations. :)
Oh, yes! In my marriage, we laugh a LOT, and the fights we do have are usually ended when one of us cracks a ridiculous joke to shatter the tension. I think all couples should be as happy as us.


Laughter is the first thing that drew us together, and is a giant part of our lives.
Im with Bre Babe. I think if people just stopped being so selfish people would be happier. Everyone always says do what will make you happy. What about the person you married? What about their happiness. I don't know why I get on this section all the time. It makes me sick to see how selfish people are. Especially women.
Yep, but people have to stop believing they can stop working at their relationship just because they are married. A marriage is WORK... It is not always a walk in the park and as a society we expect everything to be easy.
No because there is a lot of humor in my relationship and we still fight and have anger towards one another. Its great communication that makes for a happy relationship.
Yes. Unfortunately some people have no sense of humor, little sense of humor, or a different kind of humor from their spouse.
Of course. People feel that when they become married everything has to be so serious, and they begin to lose the fun in life.
Yes - although my husband and I share a great sense of humor and he can still be an overly sensitive prick.
I think if more people used their heads and stooped being so damn sel-fish that would fix the problem. Everything is me me me, and it should be US!
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment