Saturday, January 23, 2010

Will couples help me with a marriage project and answer this survey?

1.What is the one thing you wish you had done differently when dating?





2.What is the one thing you did right?





3.How did you know when you met the person you should marry?





4.How could you have been better prepared for marriage?





5.What makes marriage successful?





6.What should one look for in a perspective mate?





7.How do you deal with issue of divorce?





8.What advice would you give a young person today about marriage?Will couples help me with a marriage project and answer this survey?
1.What is the one thing you wish you had done differently when dating?


Wish I would of Never married my first husband. I was pushed in to it by my parents at the age of 16. Ended in divorce 11yrs later





2.What is the one thing you did right?


I put everything I had into making it work. 11 yr of him cheating and mistreating me





3.How did you know when you met the person you should marry?


I was just a feeling that everything was just meant to be





4.How could you have been better prepared for marriage?


There is no way you learn as you go. TRUST AND LOTS OF TAKING goes a long way





5.What makes marriage successful?


That all depends on the people with out trust and able to talk about thing openly you have nothing.





6.What should one look for in a perspective mate?


That all depends on the person.





7.How do you deal with issue of divorce?


stand your ground. you know what is right





8.What advice would you give a young person today about marriage?


Dont rush in to it. Remember to talk about everything no secrets. Without trust you have nothing.Will couples help me with a marriage project and answer this survey?
1.Had sex more often and although he was 25 and i was 21 we both still lived at home so we didnt get much of a chance.


2.Was there for him during a health scare in his family


3.I didnt know i wanted to marry him but i know i liked him a lot and was attracted to him.


4.We had moved in together 3 months before we got married so we were pretty much prepared for marriage.


5.Love,respect.honesty,faithfulness and friendship


6.Depends on the person.


7.Divorce is not an issue and wont happen in our marriage


8.Never go to bed angry,always be faithful and always be honest with each other.





He is 43 and im 39.
1. Actually date, I would not change the fact that I married my husband, but we only were a couple a few months before we actually married.





2. Allow myself to love him and I gave in to our ';destiny.'; I was completely honest with him, and he gave the same in return.





3. I am going to try to make this story as short as possible I promise. When I was 13 a man driving a blue camero wrecked in the country outside my grandfathers house. It was 2AM and for some reason I was up and saw the wreck. I called the hospital for an ambulance. I then ran got the man out of the car b/c it was leaking gas, and stayed with him while we waited on the ambulance. I never knew who the man was. My husband and I met at a New Years Eve party and I really was not into him, but we talked for over the phone for a month or so b/4 dating. Mothers Day comes and he is goes all out for my mother. Over lunch I ask him where he got the scare on his right eye, and he tells me the story of how he wrecked his camero one night. He was the man. For some reason from that moment on I knew it was meant to be, our paths were meant to cross. Sounds silly, but true.





4. I don鈥檛 think I could have been any more prepared for marriage. It is a process in itself. We have learned so much about ourselves as a married couple, things I do not believe a couple could learn about them selves other wise.





5. Honesty and Trust are the keys to a successful marriage in my opinion. You must be able to give your partner your complete self, and in return you have to know that your partner is doing the same.





6. I could not answer what other people look for in a mate, it is really what is suitable for you. I believe that whom ever you chose should make you happy, and be the person that you are truly willing to spend the rest of your life with, not just a few years. A mate should be the person whom you can see your self at 80 years old sitting on the from porch swing holding hangs with and reminiscing about the good ole days with





7. Hopefully as being a married couple you haven chosen the right partner in life and you do not have to worry about divorce, but we all know that stuff happens, life happens. I personally do not believe in divorce. I believe in honoring the commitment that I have made to my husband and to our life together. I hope that before divorce is thought of that you have done everything in your own power to make the marriage a success. In America for some reason we all have set in our mind that divorce is always there as an option. Do me a favor when you get married make the choice that divorce is not an option in our society, and that you do not have that as an escape goat. Go into the marriage knowing that it is forever.





8. Well I am young; I am 21 and have been married for four years. I am still learning new things about my husband every day. The main advice I could give is to hang in there, struggle together, and get threw things together. Let your mate be your best friend. Always be honest and truthful and above all give them the highest respect.
1)dated more people rather being engaged to only one.





2)used protection.





3)i loved him.





4)finished my studies first, worked for a wile, see the world then settle down.





5)patience and care.





6)patience and tolerance.





7)not an option. so hang on.





8)fulfil your dreams first. dont marry too soon.
1.What is the one thing you wish you had done differently when dating? Dated longer...once you are married, everything really changes...and you really get to see the things you ignored before





2.What is the one thing you did right? I truested him completely...and trust is necessary for any great relationship.





3.How did you know when you met the person you should marry? Well.....should marry is a harsh way to say it...it is more about how did I know I WAS READY to be married...I think you need to be ready...and so does the other person. The timing is more important than the person honestly.





4.How could you have been better prepared for marriage?


I could have let my husband be ready. He wasn't honestly...but he thought he was...bad decision...and it made me unhappy and miserable.





5.What makes marriage successful?Commitment, honesty, trust, genuine love, patience, and maturity.





6.What should one look for in a perspective mate?All of the above along with mutual attraction once the above are present.





7.How do you deal with issue of divorce? Prenups are better..despite my genuine aversion. Discussion in advance is important. Too many divorces to think it won't happen to you.





8.What advice would you give a young person today about marriage?


Wait till you have been together at least 3 years...unless you are over 30. And under no circumstances should you rush it. Marriage is about committment and children. It is not really romantic...or rings, or honeymoons. It is working through the hard stuff...honestly.
~*~*~AGE 22~*~*~





1.What is the one thing you wish you had done differently when dating?


Said ';no'; to my fiance about him getting a dog


(I'm getting married this April....)





2.What is the one thing you did right?


Saved/Saving 'sex' for marriage





3.How did you know when you met the person you should marry?


He was unlike all the other guys I dated. Very understanding, gentleman, mature. I got bored easily with the other guys i dated, it was like ';go out to eat, go see a movie'; Repeat. With my fiance (soon to be hubby) he had something diff goin on every weekend and not the same thing either. He has a good head on his shoulders and has a passion for traveling like me!





4.How could you have been better prepared for marriage?


My fiance is 29 and ready to settle and i'm 22. I guess for me i'd say waiting another year.





5.What makes marriage successful?


Love, trust, communication, agreeing on finances, putting the others needs before yours and vice versa





6.What should one look for in a perspective mate?


I was super picky with guys..here are things that I wanted in a guy


--Virgin


--Good Christian guy


--Trustworthy


--Good with money and financially stable


--Clean (didnt want sloppy someone who didn't care bout his appearance/hygiene)


--Older than me


--Good @ communicating


--Supportive


--Good sense of humor and makes u laugh as well


--Believed in same religion


--loves to travel





~*~I found all this and so much more!!~*~





7.How do you deal with issue of divorce?


I don't believe in it. However, there are situations/marriages that divorce works out for the best. Some marriages aren't meant to be.





8.What advice would you give a young person today about marriage?


--Make sure you have a job with a decent income and i don't mean working at McDonalds/Wal-Mart making a low wage


--Learn to communicate effectively..listen with open ears and be understanding to each other


--Prepare urself financially (i keep mentioning finances but this is one of the #1's why ppl get divorces) meaning learn how to budget ur money and save it.


--Do not base your relationship on physical activity..this will disappear fast but if you have a real love for each other based on REAL factors (love, trust, respect, etc) the marriage/relationship will work out much better.
1. Took more time getting acquainted 2.Act responsibly. 3. Honestly, I felt like I'd die without him. 4. Not having so many expectations. 5.Taking more than giving %26amp; forgiving even when it hurts badly. 6. The same goals and a very loving personality. 7. I don't believe in divorce. 8. Don't co-habitate or have sex before marriage.
1. Saved all sexual exploring for marriage.


2. We always made sure we were on the same page about what we were (friends? more?), where our relationship was going (stay together? split up when he moved off to college?), and what pace things were going/should go at.


3. He is the one person I could honestly say I love more than I love myself. Think about it...everyone is selfish to some degree...


4. If at least one of us had finished college first. That would've made it a lot easier for us to support ourselves during the early years. I had to work full time while he finished school, and vice versa. Since I hadn't finished college, it was tough for me to find a good paying job...


5. The choice to love. There is no magical feeling that lasts forever. Eventually you annoy each other occasionally. Eventually you disagree about something. Eventually you even wonder if it's going to work out. The important thing is that you choose to love, even when you don't feel like it. Like my mom told me, ';No matter who you marry, there will come a time when you feel like walking out. The important thing is...you don't.';


6. A best friend, who is willing to commit for LIFE.


7. We don't. If you believe in divorce, you'll use the option when you feel like you've reached a breaking point. If you don't consider divorce an option at all, no matter what, then the marriage WILL last ';till death do us part';. If you consider it an option...there will come a time when you think it's the ONLY option. The key is, rule out divorce, and you'll see the many many other options.


8. Save sex for marriage. Don't get married if you're not willing to put EVERY ounce of effort into the relationship. Don't say your vows as if they're the words to a song you've heard too many times. Make it count. Make it work. Make the decision to love, no matter what.
1.What is the one thing you wish you had done differently when dating?


-I wish we hadn't spent so much time together. Being together 24/7 leads to burnout, quickly.





2.What is the one thing you did right?


-Talked about our expectations for the future and made sure we were compatible in that way (marriage, kids, jobs, etc.)





3.How did you know when you met the person you should marry?


-When I couldn't stand to be away from him and when I had never wanted kids before, but when I met him I imagined having kids with him.





4.How could you have been better prepared for marriage?


-We should have waited a little longer to get married, but living together is a great way to prepare for marriage. We did, and I felt well prepared.





5.What makes marriage successful?


-I know it's cliche, but ';compromise';. You have to realize during a fight that it's ridiculous, and just shut up and hug. And like doing something he likes, then he does something you like.





6.What should one look for in a perspective mate?


-A best friend. It's that simple.





7.How do you deal with issue of divorce?


-You talk honestly and openly about it (we have), but you also try to avoid it at all costs. Meaning, try anything you can to work it out before resorting to that.





8.What advice would you give a young person today about marriage?


-Depends on how young. I hated when people told me to wait to get married (I got married at 18). So, I dont tell anyone they're too young. But, my advice is to live together (without parents) for at least a few months before marrying.
Please read:





http://www.associatedcontent.com/article鈥?/a>
1) Learned how to communicate earlier in our relationship.





2) Worked through our problems and strengthened our relationship as a result.





3) I didn't know he was ';the one I should marry';, I just knew that I was attracted to him and wanted to get to know him better. It wasn't until years later that the idea of marrying him came into the picture.





4) We waited an awfully long time before we got legally married - we were about as prepared as we were going to be. I think too many people rush into it, though.





5) Respect, trust, communication, and love.





6) Someone that you don't have to try and ';change'; into someone you want them to be. They are who they are, and you're not going to magically make them ';not want to hang out with the boys at the bar every Friday night'; when you go from dating to marriage.





7) He had one before he and I started dating. His parents have been divorced. No one in my family has. I think we look at it as ';it's not something brought up lightly.'; If it ever gets to the point where we're discussing divorce, something irreparable will have had to have happened to our relationship.





8) Don't be in such a rush. Who you are at 18 or 20 or 22 isn't necessarily who you will be at 25 or 30, and there's no reason to rush into getting married because you think he's ';The only one I will ever ever ever ever ever love.'; Plus, if you think you want to get married someday, don't move in together as boyfriend/girlfriend, because odds are two years later you'll be on these boards asking ';How do I get him to ask me to marry him??';
1.communicate better





2.work threw our problems and stick by each other even when people tried to break us apart.





3.i knew he was my soul mate cuz we are so alike but at the same time so different, we connected right away


.


4.i think we were pretty prepared cuz we lived together before we got married so we knew what was ahead.





5.communicating, respect for each other and being faithful. and when you have a problem w/ something you need to say whats on your mind not keep it in. and its OK to argue its healthy as long as you know the limits what you can and cannot do. and of course trust is very important





6.he has to have respect for you and your family. he has to be faithful and you have to be able to trust him/her.





7.we both don't believe in divorce





8.make sure he is the right one, stick by each others side, respect one another, be faithful, communicate and don't let anyone get between you guys. don't go into a marriage thinking ';this wont last or what if it wont last?'; don't be like everyone else and stick by your spouse and don't divorce cuz of a stupid argument.
1. Kept my relationship with all my friends and not so stuck to my guy.


2. stuck with him through the good and bad times.


3. When you get the feeling that it is meant to be.


4. Couldnt have been more prepared, we were practically married before we got married. All marriage did was change my name!


5. Communication and intimacy


6. Someone they can trust and treats them good.


7. Wont happen. But if circumstances end up in that way then we will deal with it in a nice manner


8. make sure you are ready before you do it. And make sure financially you guys can survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment