Saturday, January 23, 2010

Same Sex couples in Ballroom Dancing?

I was wondering if there have ever been or if it's allowed for same sex couples to compete in Ballroom Dancing? A lot of people always say that Ballroom is gay but if that's true then why have I always see only men and women couples but, never men and men or women and women couples? I personally am a fan of Dancing with the Stars and other Ballroom contests and was just wondering...Same Sex couples in Ballroom Dancing?
Same sex couples arent allowed in normal ballroom competitions however they have their own same sex competitions where only same sex couples are allowed. In many gay sport tournaments they often have ballroom as an event so gay/lesbian same sex couples can also compete thenSame Sex couples in Ballroom Dancing?
I know for a fact that some national west coast swing competitions allow male followers and female leaders. I haven't seen it in awhile, but I know advanced dancers who have done it. So, it is not unheard of.

Report Abuse



I've heard there are gay Ballroom contests, but the ones I heard of are held outside the United States.
I've NEVER seen it in competition. However, I have seen speciality lessons and couples of the same gender dancing at our dance society's practise sessions.





Any man who takes up ballroom will quickly learn, it's so not gay. It's one of the best places to meet women!
I don't think so. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment