Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is there a gender role in gay couples?

If i'm not mistaken with lesbians there is typically a feminine and a masculine role in most couples right?(not saying that two masculine or feminine dont exist) Well what about for gays? Does it work the same way? Is there typically a masculine guy with a feminine boy? Or do masculine men tend to prefer other masculine men?Is there a gender role in gay couples?
Well some one has to do the dishes, gender roles or not. Is there a gender role in gay couples?
no there isn't, that is a stereotype, also I know lesbians that only date feminine lesbians, get over your stereotypes.
My girlfriend and I are both feminine, but, she likes to be the baby :)
I've come to know. That gayness has no rules. You're with whoever makes you happy.
if you go by ';the rules'; aka the general whatevers, there is (i am going by yaoi names here) a seme (seh-meh) and an uke(ooh-kay). the seme is what you would call the more masculine (the ';guy';) and the uke is the more feminine (or the ';girl';) in the relationship. there are also couples that ';switch'; roles as seme and uke. stereotypical gays are most likely either uke's or switches as seme's are usually more butch.
Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.





For example, when two gay men marry, one of them may tend to be like the gay men that are very femmenine witch could symbolize their role as a ';wife';. Then the husband would be the more masculine man.





It isn't always like this because I've heard of marriages between two femmenine men and two masculine men.
It depends entirely on the couple regardless of orientation. They're are times when my wife is definitely the masculine one and I'm the feminine one.
I think it is on a per-couple basis....I have heard phrases used like ';top'; and ';bottom'; in references to position in their relationships and think that may be a role thing w/ them. Not sure.





However, I am unabashedly straight - so I guess I am not the best to answer this one....





Any homosexuals here that would like to straighten us out on this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment