Thursday, January 21, 2010

In these hard Economic times how have couples changed thier spending habits for Valentine's Day? or Have you?

-I am doing an article for my Journalism class and Writing a story about this topic. So give me your take. Men I would love to know what your buying or not buying, that was different from last year for that special someone, because usually men doing the buying. let me know. girls too.


ThaksIn these hard Economic times how have couples changed thier spending habits for Valentine's Day? or Have you?
Last year we went all out, he got me a teddy bear, chocolates, bought rose petals, roses, made a nice meal at home and rented movies. But this year money is way more tight, so I am going to make him a card out of materials that I have at home, make a meal out of food I already have, and light some candles that I already have, too. So yes, the economic times definitely have affected our spending habits for Valentine's Day. We will be spending a lot less money on each other, but we will still be spending a nice evening at home together, which is what should be most important, not the gifts that money can buy.In these hard Economic times how have couples changed thier spending habits for Valentine's Day? or Have you?
I am a health nut but my weakness is Pizza Hut pizza. I NEVER give in and eat it - except on Valentines day! All restaurants are overpriced and crowded on Valentines day, but not Pizza Hut! It's cheap and my guilty pleasure, and it's usually dead on valentines day, so we do get to have quality time together.





we also put spending linits on each other for girft. we are only going to spend $20-35 on each other, and our gifts should be as quirky and fun as possible
I would say yes because they are probably spending less or buying less expensive items, but no I have not made any changes in my spending habits. I have always been relatively money conscious and I'm proud of it because I invest in nice things I don't just throw my money away on stupid things like eating out every day or buying everything I see.
for me not really, still buying chocolates

No comments:

Post a Comment