Friday, January 15, 2010

Why does my hair turn wavy a couples hours after i straighten it ?!?

i have the same problem :( i think its humidity has something to go with it or you dont use any hairspray or anything to keep it down. Im trying to find an answer for this too.Why does my hair turn wavy a couples hours after i straighten it ?!?
I used to work at a salon and many of the clients would have the same problem. The problem were usually the tools and products they were using. You want to look for anti-humectant products that will block out the humidity, a good blow dryer and flat iron.





Start with blow drying your hair straight with a good dryer--like one with 1875 Watts ( you an get a heap one anywhere). Before drying prep your hair with a silicone based serum like ones from John Fredia, Bio-Silk, Garnier, etc. Then you are ready to seal the hair cuticle with a flat iron for maximum straightening. Use a ceramic flat iron for best results, with a small amount of hair. To finish it off lightly spray with a flexible hairspray.





Good luck!Why does my hair turn wavy a couples hours after i straighten it ?!?
you might live somewhere were its humid and hot so when you go out you start to sweat and get sticky your hair gets natural because of the humidity.
It's probably caused by humidity.. You might want to buy specialized straightening shampoo and conditioner and a smoothing anti-humidity product to apply to the hair after it's straightened. Try Garnier Fructis, I hear it works wonders!





Also, if your hair straightener isn't high quality, it can cause your hair to not remain straight. Maybe spring for a new one if the change in hair products doesn't work?
This time of the year -- humidity!





I've used John Frieda's Runway Straight Smoothing Milk with pretty good success. But, the website says it's been discontinued and recommends ';Straight Fixation鈩?Smoothing Cr猫me'; Might be worth a try. I used the products for brunettes but I'm sure there's an equivalent for your hair color (whatever it is).





http://www.johnfrieda.com/products/produ鈥?/a>
I have the very same trouble with my hair. I think i have naturally wavy-ish hair. I always get a big bump in the back as well. But yes, it seems humidity plays a large part in it as well. I find that Frizz-ease helps a great deal, and i don't use a flat iron, it takes too long and pulls out my hair. I use a real iron, and a towel. I lay the towel down on the floor, flip my head over and brush my hair out flat on the towel. I use the iron, then flip and repeat on the other side. It works well. And if ur in a hurry, u can do it in the mirror standing up as well. Just brush out ur hair. Put the towel (in and over ur hand) under part of ur hair and just pull the iron down over it. :) It works well. Just keep the iron on a lower setting. It will keep the waves away longer. %26lt;3
Most likely hummidity as everyone else has said. I have naturally curly hair and have just learned to go with it over the years. I tried straightening it and it never lasted long enough for me to really like it.
Oh my god, i have the same problem it really annoys the hell out of me, especially when my friends hair stays nice and straight!
Try sealing it with hair serum to keep humidity out.


Also, your straightener might not be good or hot enough
Because your hair is naturally wavy.
humidity...not much you can do about that.
I have the same problem %26gt;:( usually humidity does it
BECAUSE YOU HAVE A BAD STRAIGHTENER.
The humidity. That's why you should move near the mountains! Ehe.
humiditty
It is humid, or you start to sweat.
humidity. try using some hairspray at the end of your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment